Discover the essential metrics and top places to check when buying expired domains. This comprehensive article provides 12 key metrics to consider, along with 6 useful notes to guide your decision-making process. Make informed choices and unlock the potential of expired domains for your online ventures. Read now!
Buying expired domains isn’t like a stroll on streets of gold. It takes a lot of diligent search and analysis to arrive at valuable domains. Since these are domains that had been used by people before, one isn’t expected to pick them up without proper analysis and evaluation of their history.
Otherwise there could be a transferred negative harming impact (in terms of search engine indexing and ranking) onthe new blog or site built on it. And when you put in the effort, you could capture priceless domains with minimal dollar spending. That would mean gold!
Fortunately, there happens to be many tools available online to enable an earnest seeker of useful valued expired domains to achieve his goal. Hereunder is a candid enumeration of 16 important metrics or parameters that is recommended to be checked and the places to perform the check while looking for expired or even deleted domains to buy.
I urge you to stay on with me to the end if you belong to those in search of these domains. Your time spent here will not be in vain. Here they are:
- How solid are the domain’s topmost backlinks and are they
Probable to endure?Placesonline to check for this areAhrefs, Majestic, Open Site Explorer or Serped.
- Is the domain pertinent to your niche?This could be optional although recommended.You could use same tools as above to do this check if you choose to do it.
- What is the ratio between external domains and referring Internet Protocols?Your aim for this should be something below ten. You could also use same tools as above to do this check.
SEO Metrics Check For Buying Expired Domain
- Check for MOZ Domain Authority (DA). Your aim should be at minimum oftwenty.One place you should conduct this check is at Open Site Explorer.
- Check for MOZ Page Authority (PA). Your aim with this metric should also be at minimum of twenty. You could use same tool as above to do this check.
- Check for Majestic Trust Flow (TF). Your aim here should not be belowten. Majestic is where to go and do this check.
- Check for Majestic Citation Flow (CF).Just like the above metric, minimum aim should beten. Use same web tool above to check for this.
Domain Health Check For Buying Expired Domain
- Is The Domain Indexed?This is only required for auction domains. Use Google.com to conduct this check. On the search box enter: site:domain.com. The indexed pages will show if there’s any.
- Does it have a clean backlink and anchor text profile?You are to avoid domains from or about pharmacy, adult or gambling sites.Places online to check for this are Ahrefs, Majestic, Open Site Explorer or Serped.
- Check link loss. You’re advised not to buy a domain that lost majority of its backlinks in the last few weeks.Use same web tools above to check for this.
- Is the domain at least one year old? Go toWayback Machine- archive.org to conduct this domain age check.
- How many times has the domain dropped?This should not be below two. The way to check this domain historyis by using whoisrequest.org/history.
Very Useful Notes For Buying Expired Domains
- Make sure you check domain authority, page authority, trust flow, citation flow, backlink profile and anchor text for both with and without www. Then use the domain that has the better metrics to do a 301 redirect.
- If you find a high PageRank domain with all other metrics (DA, PA, CF, TF) low, skip it. The PageRank must have been manipulated, or the page is not yet refreshed to display the actual status. If the later is the case, then refresh the page. Otherwise, avoid it.
- Expect PR2 domains to have at least 20 DA/PA.On the other hand the domain can be good if the PageRank is low (N/A or PR1) but the other metrics high. Keep in mind public PageRank is being discontinued by Google.
- Don’t use the same registrar for all your domains.
- Vary your domains’ contact information(Whois). Always use a unique email address for each domain and subscribe forWhoisGuard with some of the domains. Implement this on a maximum of twenty percent of the domains.
- If you’re researching deleted domains, you have to keep in mind they will not have PageRank nor will they be indexed. The most important thing there is the quality of backlinks they have.
Yes, I have you covered, if researching expired domains is your concern. Using the above recommended web tools will definitely aid you in achieving this. Go ahead and do it. But, before you leave this page, be sure to drop your comments or opinion below.
Easy Blog Networks is a PBN hosting service that installs blogs with 1-click on random servers hosted by big-brand hosting providers like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure,HP Cloud and others. The system automatically updates WordPress, plugins and themes and maintains daily blog backups.
Easy Blog Networks is configured to be the easiest, simplest and 100% autopilot solution for building, hosting and managing your PBNs.
Domain Name Market Places
Online Research Tools For Domain Names
Domain Name Forums
Assessing Domain Name’s Worth